Welcome from our Director
We hope that you have all remained safe and well these past six months: we have certainly missed you at Jersey Arts Centre.
On our website is a season in which we hope you will be able to participate, even with our current reduced capacity of 40 – though we do hope that this will, in time, increase!
We are even presenting an alternative Christmas production with two complete teams of actors: our 2007 adaptation of Gerald Durrell’s ‘My Family and Other Animals’ (2 – 22 December) by arrangement with the Estate of Gerald Durrell.
Thank you for your incredible and unparalleled support since March. We look forward to seeing you again at Phillips Street very soon.
To maintain social and cultural engagement with and for our community during lockdown, and for 25 weeks between 23 March and 11 September 2020, we presented:
- 625 daily recommendations
- 108 featured images in ‘Off The Wall’ – 665 works from 194 photographers!
- 22 composite videos of the ‘Off The Wall’ entries
- 81 JAC-anories
- 61 ‘Flash! Fiction! featured stories from 45 writers
- 18 songs from Bertrand et Veronique
- 17 Liberation 75 poems
- 17 ACT monologues
- 8 instalments of the youtheatre’s ‘Beasts and Beauties’
- 6 extracts from Simon MacDonald’s ‘Going Underground’
- 2 Shakespeare Shorts
There were 1,009 activities and experiences, plus a further 842 communications, across our digital platforms. Grand Total: 1,851.
Once again, many thanks for your support. Be safe and be well! And Merry Christmas!
DID YOU KNOW? that in 2019 Jersey Arts Centre presented:
- 232 ticketed performances with 25,242 attendances
- 14 exhibitions in the Berni Gallery
- 12 exhibitions in the Bar Gallery
- 24 public courses and workshops with 154 participants
- 10 workshops in 9 schools for Holocaust Memorial Day with 241 attendances
- 10 workshops in 5 schools for ‘Magpies & Mischief’ with 243 attendances
- 37 Arts in Health Care Trust concerts across 29 of the Island’s care settings
- 2 youtheatre productions: ‘Kes’ + ‘Start Swimming’
- The hosting of 16 students from St. Helier’s twin town of Bad Wurzach with our youtheatre
- 2 ACT projects: ‘As the Actress said to the Bishop!’ + ‘Anthology’
- 1 Junior Drama project: ‘The Art of War’ by Sun Tzu
- The delivery of our 4th Brighter Futures project: ‘no place like’
- 3 Residencies: ‘Magpies & Mischief’ + ‘The Boiling Sea’ + ‘Happy Hour’
- Our 17th consecutive year of readings with the youtheatre at Holocaust Memorial Day
- Readings at the Former Internees 74th Liberation Day anniversary at the War Tunnels
- Readings at the unveiling of the Deportees Plaque at Albert Quay on 16 September
- The 6th Polish Film Festival
- The 15th Human Rights Festival
- The afternoon celebrations on Liberation Day with 51 local musicians
- The hosting of 13th Parish Festival over 3 days with 12 screenings and 447 attendances
- The hosting of 5th Jersey Festival of Words over 2 days with 14 events and 1,142 attendances
- The hosting of 7 Project Trident students and 1 intern from France
- Our 4th Christmas production: our own adaptation of ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens with 3,079 attendances over 18 performances and 622 attendances at 24 primary school workshops
That’s over 380 events throughout 2019 with 27,000+ participants!
IT‘S A WONDER!
Take care and keep safe!