View our Summer Brochure
Click below to view the online copy of our 2021 summer season.
Welcome to summer 2021! We hope that you have all remained safe and well throughout the ‘spring break’ and we can’t wait to see you all again at some point during this coming season. Contained within these pages is our summer season in which we hope you will be able to participate, even with our current reduced capacity to enable physical distancing – though we do know that this will, in time, increase! We will announce our season in three week blocks, adding to and thus extending this brochure, when our programme is able to be confirmed. We certainly hope you enjoy our popular movie screenings for the first week and a half, seeing Jonny Labey (and guests) on stage again and the JADC’s production of Blue Remembered Hills, with a couple of Jersey Film Society screenings thrown in for good measure – and much more besides…
Once again, we would like to sincerely thank our Members, audiences, volunteers and staff for their incredible and unparalleled support since March 2020 and especially since we re-opened in September – even though we closed again on 18 December.
To maintain social and cultural engagement with and for our community during autumn 2020, and for 14 weeks between 9 September and 17 December, we presented:
- 18 film screenings (including: the Pilot Performance)
- 14 live theatre and music events
- 18 performances of Gerald Durrell’s My Family and Other Animals
- (That’s 48 rehearsals with two casts and 150 rehearsal hours!)
- 23 workshops in 14 primary schools with 590 participants
- 5 major exhibitions in the Berni Gallery
- The Fox Open Art Competition (188 entries by 114 Jersey Artists
- 5 exhibitions in the Bar Gallery
- 5 Courses + Workshops (20 sessions)
- 21 ACT rehearsals for Lust Actually
- 9 youtheatre workshops
- 9 Junior Drama workshops
- 10 Brighter Futures workshops
- Our AGM on 9 September
And for 15 weeks between 8 January and 23 April 2021, Jersey Arts Centre also presented 572 unique activities online with a further 1,430 communications about these experiences across our digital platforms. Total: 2,002. Incredible!
Once again: many thanks for your support.
Be safe and be well! And Happy New Summer.
DANIEL AUSTIN / Director