Coronavirus (COVID-19) November Update
Jersey Arts Centre and cafejacs have completed a Risk Analysis and Assessment for coronavirus and measures are now in place to reduce the risk of infection.
In order to support the health and well-being of all visitors to Jersey Arts Centre, and to help combat the spread of COVID-19, we ask that everyone undertakes the following precautionary safety measures:
- Educate yourself on Government of Jersey advice and guidelines at gov.je
- Observe all our signs, instructions and room capacities
- Follow the advice and guidance of both JAC staff and cafejac staff
- Maintain Physical Distancing at all times
- Ensure frequent and proper hand washing and hygiene measures
- Be vigilant in the use of our toilet facilities and sanitise hands before and after use
- Do not enter the building if you are showing or experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19
- The use of face masks at Jersey Arts Centre is strongly recommended from 26 October
As the Island moved into LEVEL 2: SOFT OPENING on Friday 12 June, Jersey Arts Centre began its planning and preparation on a ‘staged’ opening process.
This is JAC’s ‘staged’ opening plan:
(1) Planning (from: 1 June)
(2) Preparation (from: 30 June)
(3) Information and Training (from: 22 July)
(4) Systems of Work and Testing (from: 28 July)
(5) Test Opening + Review (from: 4 August)
(6) Soft Opening (of the building) (from: 9 September)
(7) Performance Opening (from: 12 October)
For clarity: the Island (from Saturday 8 August) is now at ‘Level 1: Physical Distancing’ and we are at ‘Stage 7: Performance Opening’.
All of our staff are now working back in their office spaces with enhanced hygiene measures in place and with physical distancing.
We have now re-started workshops and rehearsals with: Junior Drama, youtheatre, ACT and the Christmas Community Company. We are also taking a limited number of Room Hirings during this time and exhibitions have started to be re-hung in both the Bar Gallery and the Berni Gallery. All groups will need to observe our new Rehearsal Guidelines and Room Guidelines in order to reduce the risk of any spread of COVID-19. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please see the latest advice on coronavirus at this link:
We will continue to be guided by official advice from the Government of Jersey and Public Health authorities and will update this page on a weekly basis (on a Monday) or when necessary.
Thank you so very much for your continued support of Jersey Arts Centre: to our incredible team of volunteer stewards, committee members, audiences, and to our loyal and dedicated staff.
Between Monday 23 March and Friday 11 September – and for 25 busy weeks – Jersey Arts Centre created 1,009 activities and experiences, and a further 842 communications, across our digital platforms (Total: 1,851) many of which are still available to experience on our website. Enjoy!
Keep Well and Stay Safe!
With best wishes
Director – email@example.com
as at 10am on Monday 16 November 2020